Fans

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

WISDOM

My story begins with my very first memory, when I was just a baby. I remember being coddled in peoples’ arms, being passed around and I noticed that each time this happened, a new set of eyes were upon me and I could feel it in my belly. I remember realizing that each had their different smell, different feel and different sound. I remember the feeling of safety with some and with others, a feeling that welled up from my belly and resulted in me crying out, getting passed to another and either being comfortable again, or not. I also remember being acutely aware that each person had a unique pattern that I now recognize as knitting. I see now that I had been looking at a close up view of the fabric on their arms.

Fig 1 - (left) Superman’s shirt fiber

Fig 2 - (right) Denim / blue jeans

So what does any of this have to do with how I became an entrepreneur? 

It all began with my child-like sense of wonder and a fascination with the wisdom of my thoughts. Even as a baby as described above, I knew that I was thinking complicated thoughts and had an exquisite awareness of things that I could not fathom. I remember knowing that one day I would understand the words. I remember my inner self-soothing “talk” which eased me when I was stressed. I remember catching complex dialogue and having moments of lucidity and understanding. AS that baby, I knew at the time that I was thinking things that I did not understand. I also remember feeling moments of utter confinement and cognitive ignorance and knowing that this would be temporary. As I grew older, I always knew that I would teach but I never knew what. I knew that I would paint although I couldn't draw and I would catch visions of myself as an adult, speaking to audiences of doctors and scientists who were experiencing “aha” moments right before my eyes. Whenever I tried to focus on the words I was speaking, the vision faded. I became an entrepreneur because I have been called to it, by my inner self and my purpose in life.

It has not been easy, following my heart's desire. For years I felt like I came from a different world. My community was not set-up to nurture and develop my inner voice, and if it wasn't for my Uncle I might have lost the intuition all together. He was the one who taught me when I was 6, that I should not be afraid but I should keep my innermost feelings and thoughts, to myself. He encouraged me to recognize that what I was experiencing was unique, special and highly unusual and that nobody else would understand. While this scared me, I trusted him and to this day give him credit for my sense of openness. 

So, while there is much more to this, the bottom line is that I am an entrepreneur because I am following my inner guidance. All my life, I have without “forcing” become an artist, an adult educator, a public speaker, a writer and poet and am very involved with the study of neuroplasticity and the science of wisdom. I was inspired to begin a disciplined study of meditation and energy healing when I was 19 (that was 1980) which continues to present time. While the rest of my family and friends grappled with the external world and academia, I was focused on the inner, developing a relationship with what I now know to be the spirit of who I am.

My passion is driven to inspire others to embrace the whole of who they are.
~Barbara

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.