Fans

Blog Archive

Friday, January 8, 2016

HUMILITY


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ as written by Linda Kavelin Popov
Virtues Project Reflection Cards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY TWO SENSE:

After 25 years of studying complementary healing and 10 years of facilitating TRANSFORMATION workshops, I thought I knew what was needed. I thought I knew what it meant to evolve, to grow. But it wasn’t until my husband got sick with esophageal cancer in 2010 that I got hit in the face with a huge plate of humble pie. For all I knew about the topic, I found out quickly that I had a lot to learn about the practical application. “Where the rubber hits the road” was where I was forced to find stable ground in the midst of chaos. It was my openness to change that drove me to my deepest discovery. 

Transformation is a process with 3 stages: 1) The Ending – where my life encouraged me to make drastic changes; 2) The Chaos – where I learned to hold on and trust the process that Grace was offering me at this time; 3) The Beginning – where I found that the best of me had been waiting on the other side. For me, transformation took great strength and courage. In stage 1, I let go of everything in my life that distracted me from spending quality time with my family so that I could love my children through their teen years as an almost single parent and love my husband through his pain. I spent about 5 years in stage 2. Two weeks after his diagnosis he was undergoing a full esophagectomy and nothing prepared us for the aftermath and what it would mean to truly embrace the healing. 

Seeing the changes happening in our attitudes, diets, vices & virtues is only a portion of the experience that transformation brought to us. Watching for the gifts in the chaos, in itself was a powerfully transforming gift. I have only just entered stage 3 where he is 5 years cancer free and returning to work. In every way I trust that although the stages may find us thrown back into chaos, it will be okay. We will continue to love each other through it all and in my heart and mind, that is what transforming is all about. We are blessed to have a second chance, richer because of it, and finding all the layers of love is the greatest treasure.

Inspired by www.passionplanet.org

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.