Fans

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

UPDATE: Water Under the Bridge and the Essence of Time


It's been 6 months since I last blogged and I'm not sure what happened to my commitment, except to say that life has a way of taking over. My dedication is clearly not as disciplined as it would like to be. My grandmother use to say that "my eyes were bigger than my stomach" and this theory may still apply except instead of what's on my plate literally, it is all about "what's on my plate". In the last 6 months I've stretched and grown in many ways but the most profound is really beginning to happen right now.

Since I was a young girl, many of my hopes and dreams have come true. I am in love with a great man & the father of my children. I am a mother who loves her children. I am an artist (for fun). I am successful at what I do. I wanted to become a holistic healer and I have become certified in several healing modalities including Reflexology, Therapeutic Touch, Bach Flower Remedies etc. 

From the time I was about 19, I've been dreaming about several things that are beginning to manifest now. Here they are in-a-nutshell:
  1. Speaking to large audiences and sensing their "aha" connections
  2. Knowing what I have to offer helps to knit together a knowledge gap
  3. Being a bridge between science & spirit ~ translating knowledge re: spiritual evolution
  4. Consulting with doctors, scientists & researchers & the public (re:1-3, 5-6)
  5. Writing a novel (based loosely on this journey and my life)
  6. Having a movie made, based on my novel (it's a blockbuster hit)
Without pushing I have come to recognize that these "dreams" are coming true. I have never doubted any of this and when I am "dreaming", I never limit or question why or how. I trust that these things will just come to be. Here's what's been happening so far:
  1. For the past 12 years I have been a Community Facilitator, trained in many programs that mostly relate to parenting. I LOVE THIS WORK and I have a unique way of speaking that really engages people. Am I perfect you ask? No, far from it... but I am continually looking at and learning from my experiences, from my peers and from my mentors.
  2. Five years ago, I became a Facilitator for The Virtues Project. At that time, I had been struggling with my job as a Program Facilitator for a community agency. The struggle for me was that I could not speak to the clients about holistic health as it did not match the medical discipline that our partner was mandated to uphold. By association that meant I had to too ~ frustrating!!
  3. I have been fascinated and done quite a bit of research on the brain. I DO have a solid theory about the human energy system that (in my mind) makes perfect sense scientifically (which is part of #5) and in the last 18 months on a different project completely, I have come to know and be associated with neuro-scientists and researchers.
  4. I have not opened this discussion ~ yet!
  5. There has been a story in my head since I was 19. I want to name it "Awake in Dreamland" because "Saving Grace" has since been taken. I have a concept skeleton written, the chapter titles etc., and some of the history behind the characters etc, BUT when I try to write the content I get bogged down in details (setting, lighting, sound, movements and angles of view - like camera angles). I'm not sure how to separate the wheat from the chaff.
  6. This feels true because of #5. It feels as if it's coming to me as a movie and that is the problem for me. I have the sense that as I search for a mentor who can help me to isolate the story, it will lead to the creation of the movie.
Well, that's my piece for today ~ I wonder what will happen next.

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.