Fans

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Tangles of Currency

"Return On Investment... a new currency"


There is no greater gift in the world than giving of ourselves. It’s the purest expression of who we really are but it can be tricky.

Throughout our history, we have stitched giving back with getting. So for this article I took time to dissect this, to get really clear in my understanding. What I found was, like other things, there are many angles and I was a bit surprised to see that I had peeled back layers of attachments, the social, cultural and value based perception of what it means to give back. It's hugely diverse and what we hope to gain from our giving back are not the same as the gifts in the gesture of selfless giving. So it’s the latter that deserves all of our attention and to this point, I’ll shift the semantic ~ to service. 

Pure & simple, service it's about being generous with giving ourselves joy and enthusiasm, which is in our highest learning. To offer our gifts and talents to the world means being open, aware and acting when someone needs help – we respond ably – without waiting to be asked. The spirit of service is about investing our love into all we are doing to make our world a better place. The ROI is a new currency ~ holistic Self~Love. 

~Barbara
“Everyone can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve… You only need a heart full of grace.  A soul generated by love.”  - Martin Luther King, Jr.

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.