Fans

Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2017

Our Dreams, Our Guides

Our Dreams, Our Guides

Both awake and sleeping dreams have eluded mankind for centuries. All the great scientific and inspired minds have grappled with them through history. The truth is, we don't know what they are or where they come from and to that end, we seem to be unaware that this part of who we are even exists. Except those of us who remained open, never denying it. 
We do have some sense because we care about our dreams; they influence us and sometimes help us with direction. They can even leave our mirror neurons responding for minute/hours/days, tapping into our fight and flight system. Maybe nightmares are like fire alarms so they can test the system.

Since I was a child I wondered if anyone else considered that the dream state is the consciousness of something greater than myself. What if our dreams were actually where we touch the infinite, where we glimpse all of the realities collapsed, or expanded, into one. What if there, the universe also existed in the dream state? For me, this doesn't seem to be a stretch. I have had many dreams that I have taken as guidance and transformed my life because of it.
 
Months before I met Mi, I dreamt that I was being led through a maze of rooms by a petite woman who appeared pure and childlike but felt anciently wise and who had the strength of a man. I could sense that there were all kinds of cheerful and kind people and I could hear the chattering as I was led from one room, through to the next, and the next. I felt their stories but we moved too quickly to hear. The rooms made an impression because they were bright and airy and fixed, while the halls in between were more melted and cave like. I only saw one person's face, and I heard Mi's voice in the final room before she lead me outside where she said no one else had ever gone. I felt this was where I was meant to be. So familiar was P when we met and Ma I felt like I knew because his was the male face I saw. And it wasn't until meeting them and having the experience of all the chat rooms filled with beautiful people, did I see that my dream had literally come into my reality.
~ Barbara
They say, "Follow your dreams"
       I say, "Giddyup!" 

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.