Fans

Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2017

Initiative is a Virtue

Initiative is a Virtue

Being creative, the initiative to try new things, has come pretty easy for me. Its my super power. I was doing and exploring things that others didn't understand since I was a child. I've had to call a lot of courage to walk along a path mostly on my own. Treated as a black sheep. Feeling like that too. Sometimes initiative isn’t enough and it takes other virtues to help massage the kinks out enough to create the flexibility, or slow and steady the practice to help us work it to the enth degree depending if it needs to fueled up or tempered down.

Let me tell you a story of how Initiative & Grace helped me to get a job once.  I was a newly graduated Commercial Artist taking a few weeks to "PAUSE for APPLAUSE" as my friend says.  I was in my early 20's, when tanning was okay... when I was inspired by a song streaming out my window, along the wind of change, on a beautiful summer day. The lyrics spoke so deeply and so directly to me that I got up immediately, showered and made my way to the job centre. The initiative I took that day set my life on a whole new course because I walked in just as a job was being posted for an artist in a family run silk-screening company. I called and went and was hired on the spot and worked there for the next 6 years, eventually as a graphic artist.

Not guiding or shoving, but being aware with a consistent pressure that seems directly connected to the butterflies that live free range in my tummy. Initiative shows up not always because of a hand guiding but as a whisper prompting us into action. This has been a recurring dymanic in my life, not just when Pink Floyd plays "Wish You Were Here." 


~ Barbara

Picture

Picture

A Bit About Me

My photo
(Re:Visioned on Nov 23, 2020) I AM in TRUSTed to the idea that the whisperings of my Soul have always been calling me to these times. That this present day and the here & now is what I was guided to. To TRUST the action: to 'call a circle' of others who are committed to helping make the world a better place NO MATTER WHAT SHAPE IT'S IN... it's go time! (Read my Birthday 2020 blog post to catch up) TODAY I BEGIN CALLING A CIRCLE and here is my intention - to gather people who: appreciate & benefit from healing stories as they navigate their own; can hear my self-care story & daily journey to help themselves stay on track with their own stuff; and can be witnessed in their story while encourage space for others to support the whole circle. I AM excited to see who's showing up and where it will take us. See my Blog Page to join the circle.